Board index    

New on BFS and really scared!

Ask Our Resident Expert A Question! Please Note: The content provided by B.F.S. Recovery is not meant to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your provider or other healthcare professional with any question regarding any medical or mental health condition.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New on BFS and really scared!

Postby Sunny2141 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:57 pm

I just want you to know how much I understand and I am here for you!! ;)

I have been through so much with the same story. Please feel free to PM me..

Healing thoughts,
Linda
Sunny2141

Postby Hilda07 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you so much Linda!
Hilda07

Postby ben616 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Hey everyone

I am new to this site but have experienced symptoms that I hope are BFS for about 18 months now. I will try to keep my story short.

My wife and I built a new house about 2.5 yrs ago which was very exciting. Like many we poured a chunk of our savings into the home. Less than a year later my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Thank goodness today she is doing great with a very positive outlook for the future. Needless to say the medical expenses along with the new home and thoughts of raising my kids with no mother made me worry 24/7. I have never been one to feel overly anxious etc but I did have and anxiety attack about 7 yrs ago from stress at work. I don't have the dark symptoms of anxiety like not wanting to go outside etc. It is all just life stress rattling around in my head.

Back to my symptoms. It started with some minor tremors which my doctor described as essential tremors at the time. Since then many of my tremors have gone but I twitch in my toes and calves all the time and on and off all over my body. I don't notice any specific weakness or atrophy but I do notice some shaking when I move in specific ways. when I do a sit up or pull something apart my muscles will shake. I have heard this can be a classic stress response also but it seems to happen whenever i do those motions. I am scheduled for an EMG in about a month so hopefully that comes back normal.

The one symptom that is stressing me out right now is that my pinky and ring fingers on both hands get numb and tingly feeling when my arms are bent for too long or if I am say holding my phone up for an extended period of time.

Someone please help me out here! Thanks

Ben
ben616

Previous

Return to Have A Neuro Question?